From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Engineering department in Bucharest, Romania needs a Lead Automation Programmer join our ranks and create top-notch automation for our games.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Lead Automation Programmer, you will be in charge with designing, implementing and sponsoring the automation strategy at company level.
You will work with Production, Tools and QA teams to plan and implement automation features to improve the overall quality of our games.
In this role, you are a well-rounded team ambassador - a master communicator and collaboration encourager. You are able to find solutions to setbacks and step in to coach your team.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work together with Production, Tools and QA teams to improve the game development pipeline and implement automation to ensure we have stable and high-quality builds for all our games
- Propose and implement high quality automation features
- Design, create and improve data reporting systems for better tracking and data-driven decision making
- Lead, mentor and motivate your team of Programmers and Automation Engineers
- Anticipate future technical challenges and proactively propose automation solutions
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience creating and working with game pipelines
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience working with scripting languages (C#, Lua, Python, Perl)
- Experience working on multiple areas of game code
- Passion for video games
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- An agile, quality-oriented mindset
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Unreal Engine
- Designing and developing automation frameworks
- PC and Console games
- Experience working with blueprints
- Working on games through the entire development cycle
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.