From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Conan Exiles community manager, you will be part of our community team and report to the lead community manager while collaborating with the rest of the marketing team and Conan Exiles development and production teams.
This is an intermediate and up role.
You will focus on Funcom's wildly popular survival open-world crafting sandbox game, Conan exiles., working alongside other community managers and a group of community professionals (influencer manager, social media manager, streaming producer). your mission will be to create compelling experiences for the passionate Conan community by managing projects, planning content for our communication channels, interacting with players, community ambassadors, and content creators, and driving other engagement opportunities designed to grow and maintain a healthy community.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on the planning and execution of content plans across all official communication channels
- Monitor player sentiment and act as a pylon between the community and the development team at all times.
- Generate engagement and goodwill across all community spaces, and foster the growth of community ambassadors.
- Expand your community network by engaging with content creators, ambassadors, and partners to find ways to better collaborate and support them.
- Create graphic assets, videos and/or write engaging content
- Keep up to date with the use and best practices of social media and other digital communication platforms and the internet and gaming trends
- Keep up to date with both gaming culture and the broader popular culture
- Proactively bring new ideas and research to support the community team tasks
We are looking for you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in community management or similar community-facing roles
- Experience in creating graphic assets, videos and/or writing and knowledge of relevant tools
- Understanding of project management and experience with relevant tools eg. Jira
- Passion for video games, digital communication
- Knowledge of the Conan IP and/or passion for exploring new IPs
- Experience in survival, open-world, crafting games
- Excellent command of English
- Open to feedback and self-development
In addition, ideally, you might also have:
- 5+ years of experience in community management or a similar role
- Community management or adjacent experience ın gaas titles
- A data-driven approach and cases to demonstrate that
- Interest and extensive knowledge of the Conan ip
- Enthusiasm in the soc genre
- Experience in streaming and related tools and being open to appearing on streams and potentially be one of the faces of Funcom
- Native-level or similar English skill
- Fluency in one or more EU languages other than English, especially French
- Existing connections in any communities that will be relevant to your tasks
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom Lisbon has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 80 people from more than 20 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.