Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be able to work with a team of highly skilled programmers in an interesting and challenging PC/console project using Unreal Engine. This is a large-scale multiplayer sandbox game in a persistent world with a wide variety of features.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with designers, animators, UI/UX and artists in multidisciplinary strike teams working towards completing a set of features.
- Solve challenges and contribute to delivering high quality features within the established milestones.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a game programmer
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.