Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be able to work with a team of highly skilled programmers in an interesting and challenging PC/console project using Unreal Engine. This is a large-scale multiplayer sandbox game in a persistent world with a wide variety of features.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with designers, animators, UI/UX and artists in multidisciplinary strike teams working towards completing a set of features.
- Solve challenges and contribute to delivering high quality features within the established milestones.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a game programmer
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM or KANBAN)
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.