From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a talented and versatile Engine Programmer to work on our upcoming games. As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Develop, debug or optimize engine-level systems in C++ in Unreal engine, such as new platform support, networking, or world streaming.
- Develop, optimize or automate development processes such as finding more efficient ways to build the project.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various engine systems.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong c++ skills, ideally including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments.
- Familiarity with 1 or more engine areas (networking/rendering/physics/animations/etc.).
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working with console
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Please apply in English.
This position is located in Lisbon, Portugal, or Stockholm, Sweden.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.