Funcom ZPX is looking for a talented and versatile engine programmer to work on our upcoming games. As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
- Develop, debug or optimize engine level systems in C++ in Unreal engine, such as new platform support, networking, or world streaming.
- Develop, optimize or automate development processes such as finding more efficient ways to build the project.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various engine systems.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong c++ skills, ideally including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Familiarity with 1 or more engine areas (networking/rendering/physics/animations/etc.).
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working with console
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.