Funcom ZPX is looking for a talented and versatile engine programmer to work on our upcoming games. As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
- Develop, debug or optimize engine level systems in C++ in Unreal engine, such as new platform support, networking, or world streaming.
- Develop, optimize or automate development processes such as finding more efficient ways to build the project.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various engine systems.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong c++ skills, ideally including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Familiarity with 1 or more engine areas (networking/rendering/physics/animations/etc.).
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working with console
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- To relocate to Lisbon - Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it.
- Authorization to work in Europe
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English.
Must relocate to Lisbon, Portugal after the situation with COVID-19 allows for it - No Remote or Contracted Opportunities.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.