Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 27 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. The team has grown, and the studio has changed over the years, but we have always remained true to what drives us: Make great games and have a damn good time doing it. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. We might not always get it right, but we always do it with passion and the desire to create something special and unique. For more insight on what makes Funcom the long-standing company we are, be sure to check out our history!
Funcom is looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our development team, coding within the Unreal 4 Engine & our Proprietary Engine for our Live Games including Conan Exiles .
The Senior Gameplay Programmer will report to our Lead Programmer and will work directly with programming team tasked with implementing game features and systems within the Unreal game engine ultimately creating a compelling experience for our players.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 5+ years related experience
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Professional experience with shipped titles.
- Expert-level professional experience working within Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Professional mentor/training of Juniors/teams.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Develop online gameplay features in C ++ in the Unreal Engine.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with programming team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Work with game designers, artists, and other engineers to create compelling gameplay experiences.
- Mentor mid-level and Junior Programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role can be a fully remote position, or based on the candidate's needs it can become an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom is flexible and will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.