Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 27 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. The team has grown, and the studio has changed over the years, but we have always remained true to what drives us: Make great games and have a damn good time doing it. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. We might not always get it right, but we always do it with passion and the desire to create something special and unique. For more insight on what makes Funcom the long-standing company we are, be sure to check out our history!
Funcom is looking for an experienced Senior Programmer to join our development team. This role will be responsible for interface with the gameplay programming team but will also focus on console, engine changes, secondary external systems, and performance. The Senior Programmer will have a strong technical programming mindset and background, and will be responsible for working with different technologies and systems for Funcom's current and upcoming titles.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 5+ years related game industry experience.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent Unreal Engine 4 skillset.
- Professional experience with C++.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Experience working with multi-threaded systems.
- Experience with online and external systems.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Experience mentoring/leading teams.
- Professional experience in gameplay programming/shipped titles.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Working with different technologies and systems.
- Work with game designers, artists, and other engineers to create compelling gameplay experiences.
- Mentor mid-level and Junior Programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the US and this will be an onsite / full time position (no remote work outside of COVID consideration).