From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250+ people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for an innovative and driven Senior Animation Programmer who will be responsible for the development of gameplay and animation systems, while driving and defining our upcoming DUNE title, and future Funcom releases. This role will be crucial in helping to develop advanced animation, automation systems, as well as gameplay features.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 5+ years related game industry experience.
- B.A or B.S in Computer Science/Engineering, or other Technical Degree.
- Strong experience with Animation implementation in Unreal Engine 4 including animation blueprint and anim instance c++ implementation
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Prior experience acting as an owner of animation systems.
- Expert level knowledge of real-time animation systems.
- Experience solving animation and character related problems within game development.
- Solid understanding of the character pipeline tools.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Experience developing or working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, animation compression, and/or advanced animation memory management.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (OSX, Windows, PS4, XBox One).
- Prior experience working on AAA multiplayer/open-world titles.
- Prior experience with server/client based multiplayer games.
- Extensive experience with one or more real-time animation middleware (eg: Havok Animation, Granny, HumanIK, Morpheme) or equivalent custom/in-house solutions.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Create and implement technology and techniques that provide a cutting-edge animation experience.
- Animation implementation in the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Work side-by-side with Technical Artists, Animators, and Gameplay Engineers.
- Set development goals to shape the future of animation in games.
- Research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Assisting with content creation for game development and quality control of all products as well as helping the team on delivering gameplay features that might not be directly related with the animation system.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role can be a fully remote position, or based on the candidate's needs it can become an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom is flexible and will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.