Funcom was founded in 1993 and during the past 27 years we've created everything from pixel platformers to massively multiplayer online games. The team has grown, and the studio has changed over the years, but we have always remained true to what drives us: Make great games and have a damn good time doing it. We want Funcom to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. We might not always get it right, but we always do it with passion and the desire to create something special and unique. For more insight on what makes Funcom the long-standing company we are, be sure to check out our history!
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Systems/Console Programmer to join its development team working on the survival game Conan Exiles and future titles. This role will focus on the Console design within the Unreal Engine. Specifically, UE4 platform systems & development, support and performance for console platforms, including Xbox One and PS4.
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
- Dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Team and Family oriented culture.
- Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
- 2+ years related experience.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Experience working on shipped titles.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4).
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Prior experience working on AAA multiplayer/open-world titles.
- Prior experience with server/client based multiplayer games.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the new game team regarding development issues and issues impacting performance on console platforms.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Work closely with the rendering and game teams to drive and constantly improve platform specific features, runtime performance, toolchain performance, and ease of use.
- Driving performance of Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues.
- Additional duties include assisting with gameplay and content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking
for candidates who are authorized to work in the US and this will be an onsite
/ full time position (no remote work outside of COVID consideration).