Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Automation Test Engineer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment
We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games. As part of the job, you will create, lead and mentoring the team of Automation Testing in order to collect and compile the data produced during the whole development process to improve the quality of the game through Automated Testing.
- Build out the Test Automation process and infrastructure
- Supervise, evaluate and support the Automation engineering team
- Support the team in building test cases, tracking down and follow up issues detected
- Capture and analyze test results and document steps for reproducibility
- Work with the tools team in Oslo to maintain, update and extend the automated testing framework
- Implement and maintain testing guidelines
- Develop automated testing scripts
- Participate in code peer reviews to increase code quality, reliability & reusability for an automated test point of view
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers on the Automation engineering team
- 5+ years of programming experience (ideally in the gaming industry)
- Experience writing automated tests and operating/managing automation frameworks
- Knowledge of C++, C#, and Python
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Understanding of game/software development cycles
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience leading, motivating and supervising a team of software developers or programmers.
- Experience building levels with UE4, Unity or other large game engine
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Experience using JIRA and other test management tools
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.