From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As a Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating unique and compelling environments, following the projects goals and style whilst having a solid handle on the understanding of modularisation and performance.
In this role you are an adaptable Environment Artist, always ready for a new challenge and have a strong understanding of the latest environment art production techniques.
- Produce high-quality environment art, terrains, props, architecture, foliage, integrate within the engine, and set dressing of various levels and scenes.
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, following guidelines on technical budgets and standards to ensure exceptional execution
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
- Minimum 1 year commercial production experience in an Environment Art role
- Good understanding of 3D art fundamentals of modelling, materials and game limitations
- Good proficiency with 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Suite and Terrain Generation tools
Great communication and time management skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
About the Company
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Please apply in English.
Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.