From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Environment Artist to join its art team in Lisbon, working on Unreal 4 Engine, on a variety of titles, such as Mutant Year Zero and Conan Exiles as well as other future Funcom internal and published projects including Dune, Conan and other popular IPs.
The Environment Artist at Funcom ZPX will report directly to the Art Director and Producer. The Environment Artist is an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of in-game environment art assets for use inside our current game projects.
- Provide environments by taking existing assets and make quality scenes using Unreal Engine.
- Be able to create appealing environments taking the best out of modular designs.
- Have a good understanding of lighting and be able to provide fully lit scenes.
- Assist with content creation by modelling, texturing, and "set dressing" environments.
- Work closely with art director and leads while being open to experiment different solutions.
- Provide feedback to artists regarding performance and suggestions for optimization.
- Support level design by providing modular blockouts.
- Creating and building 3D environments using in house tools.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Passion for video games.
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max and Zbrush.
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative.
- 2+ years of Environment Art Design within the video game development industry.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.
Remember to attach your resume and cover letter.