From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and versatile VFX Artist to join its team working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
Your Mission at Funcom
The VFX Artist will have experience with VFX creating and editing and will have both a strong creative and technical background. This VFX Artist will be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project-specific needs.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish VFX for environments and characters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the mechanics of the game so the VFX are cohesive with the world.
- Develop in engine/game VFXs within Unreal.
- Understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ Years of Game Development VFX Artist Experience.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Able to create a wide range of VFX.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 particle pipeline (Niagara VFX System preferred)
- Experience with Houdini.
- Creatively solve issues while maintaining performance.
- To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time.
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Knowledgeable with Unreal Shaders.
- Experience with Maya or 3dsMax, After Effects, Photoshop or Substance Designer.
- Experience with scripting.
- Experience playing Survival and Open-world games.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Please apply in English.
This position is located in Lisbon, Portugal, or Stockholm, Sweden.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.