Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile VFX Artist to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
The VFX Artist will have experience with VFX creating and editing and will have both a strong creative and technical background. This VFX Artist will be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs.
- Work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish VFX for environments and characters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the VFX are cohesive with the world.
- Develop in engine/game VFXs within Unreal.
- Understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ Years of Game Development VFX Artist Experience.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Able to create a wide range of VFX.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 particle pipeline (Niagara VFX System preferred)
- Experience with Houdini.
- Creatively solve issues while maintain performance.
- To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time.
- Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Knowledgeable with Unreal Shaders.
- Experience with Maya or 3dsMax, After Effects, Photoshop or Substance Designer.
- Experience with scripting.
- Experience playing Survival and Open-world games.
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.