From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom ZPX is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile UI/UX Designer to join its team in Lisbon, working on Conan Exiles as well as a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
The UI/UX Designer will need to collaborate with Design, Art, and Engineering staff to improve the usability of live products and craft the user experience of products still in development. In this position, you will be expected to work independently and manage your own time to ensure deadlines are met. We are therefore looking for someone that is self-driven and can work with a high level of autonomy.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer, with a portfolio demonstrating expertise and the ability to create distinct looks and styles
- A deep understanding of UX / UI Design
- Knowledge of wireframing/prototyping to quickly show potential user flows
- Work with artists to help balance usability with the visual aesthetic of particular product
- User testing /User research knowledge to identify potential usability issues early in development
- Designing with multi-language products in mind (Localization)
- Strong Graphic Design skills and knowledge about icon design
- Experience prototyping new interfaces quickly for both PC and console with minimal supervision
- Proficiency using Adobe CC suite of tools
- Proficiency using Adobe Animate
- Experience using Unreal Editor
- An avid interest for making and playing videogames on PC and/or console
- Ability to communicate effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience playing Survival and Open-world games.
- Experience with diegetic UI/UX design.
About the Company
Funcom ZPX is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They contribute to a positive multi-cultural work environment
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Funcom ZPX offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
Please apply in English.