From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs a UI/UX Lead to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a UI/UX Lead in Funcom, you will work together with the UX Director and a team of UI/UX designers and programmers to deliver an intuitive and high-quality user experience for our next title. You will act as a bridge between your team and other disciplines, working with artists to help balance usability with the visual aesthetic of particular product, help determine functionality and usability requirements for the game, and effectively explain design decisions to various stakeholders.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of experience in a UI/UX position, of which at least 2 should be in a Lead position
- A portfolio demonstrating expertise and the ability to create distinct looks and styles
- A deep understanding of UX / UI Design
- Knowledge of wireframing/prototyping to quickly show potential user flows
- Strong ability to lead designers/artists to create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and showcase high-fidelity mockups
- Experience in User testing /User research knowledge to identify potential usability issues early in development
- Experience designing with multi-language products in mind (Localization)
- Experience creating intuitive multi-platform interface designs
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4/UMG
- Ability to communicate effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Knowledge of prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Proficiency using Adobe CC suite of tools
- Proficiency using Adobe Animate
You will be expected to work independently and manage your own time to ensure deadlines are met. We are therefore looking for someone that is self-driven and can work with a high level of autonomy.
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.