From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs a UI/UX Director to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a UX/UI Director at Funcom, you will be working closely with the project’s management, Producers and Leads to provide user-centered design solutions while showcasing clear visual direction of a certain interface. You will be expected to help drive AAA quality standards at Funcom, establishing guidelines and pipelines for the UX/UI in our next title.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of experience in a UI/UX position, at least 2 of which should be as a Lead or Director
- A portfolio demonstrating expertise and the ability to create distinct looks and styles
- Understanding of game production design processes and methodology
- Strong leadership skills
- A deep understanding of UX / UI Design
- Knowledge of wireframing/prototyping to quickly show potential user flows
- Experience working with artists to help balance usability with the visual aesthetic of particular product
- User testing /User research knowledge to identify potential usability issues early in development
- Experience designing with multi-language products in mind (Localization)
- Experience creating intuitive multi-platform interface designs
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex design problems efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics: technical, business, and creative
- Ability to balance the impact of deadlines and available resources with the style and quality requirements
- Experience identifying user behaviors through contextual research, internal playtesting, surveys, focus groups Preferably, knowledge designing user experience with a diegetic approach
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio. This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.