We have been around for 27 years. From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
We are looking for an experienced and proactive technical producer to help run part of our core technology team, managing a highly skilled group of programmers and on-team QA testers. The team’s current primary focus is building the infrastructure for our next large scale multiplayer game based on the Dune IP.
In this role, you will work with the Engineering director, senior programmers and CTO to create and bring to life the roadmap for the team. You will be tasked with identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as ensuring the team delivers on schedule and on quality. This position will report to the CTO and collaborate closely with the senior management team.
A Producer in Funcom is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques and a technical background as a programmer is a must.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years of experience as a programmer and at least 2 years of experience in a technical management position
- High level understanding of game engine technology and development processes
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile, as well as good organizational skills and an ability to balance project demands with high quality
- Proficiency with project management tools such as JIRA
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills in English
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!