We have been around for 27 years. From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Funcom is looking for a talented and experienced server/network programmer to work on and help shape the next iteration of our server technology. The team’s current primary focus is building the infrastructure for our next large scale multiplayer game based on the Dune IP.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong c++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine network architecture, including the network driver.
- Experience designing and developing server/client games or frameworks.
- Experience optimizing server for large player counts, including load balancing.
- Experience writing code for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux).
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.