We've been around for 27 years, from the critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles we make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it! Make sure to check out our company values and history.
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Systems/Console Programmer to join its development team in Raleigh North Carolina area, working on the survival game Conan Exiles and future Funcom games. The Systems/Console Programmer at Funcom will focus on the Console design within the Unreal Engine. Specifically, UE4 platform system, development, support and performance for console platforms, including Xbox One and PS4.
- Working closely with the new game team regarding development issues and issues impacting performance on console platforms.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Work closely with the rendering and game teams to drive and constantly improve platform specific features, runtime performance, toolchain performance, and ease of use.
- Driving performance of Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues.
- Additional duties include assisting with gameplay and content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4).
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on AAA multiplayer/open-world titles.
- Prior experience with server/client based multiplayer games.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).