From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has uniquely set us up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs a Senior Producer to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
In this role, you will work with the Executive Producer, other Senior Producers and discipline Leads to prioritize and manage complex organizational and executional issues and determine resources necessary to complete the project. You will assist Leads in solving higher level complex project management issues using project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality. This role also involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
As a Senior Producer, you will be responsible for enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game, as well as overseeing, coordinating, tracking and managing the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time. We expect you to provide progress updates to studio leadership, and to coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources and first party console resources.
Additional tasks include coordinating with Senior Producers in our other Funcom studios, as well as assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
A Senior Producer in Funcom is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must; experience building and maintaining schedules is necessary.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 10+ years of game development experience from which at least 5 are in an internal development Production role
- Been credited on at least 2 shipped AA+ multi-platform title in a management position
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile, as well as good organizational skills and an ability to balance project demands with high quality
- A demonstrated ability to mitigate risk and prioritize features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management tools such as JIRA
- Ability to create a culture of quality and personal accountability throughout the development pipeline
- The ability to drive teams of developers to ensure timely deliveries
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones and gathering feature requests from multiple stakeholders
- An understanding of open-world survival games, their feature and retention values, and the ability to make production decisions based on that understanding
- Ability to challenge and support the game producer, creative director, Business and Marketing to ensure the quality of the connected game experience
- A passion for video games
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering, design and art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.