We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, Funcom is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment and we are looking for a Producer to join our team in Oslo.
In this role, you will work with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer and discipline Leads to prioritize and manage organizational and executional issues and determine resources necessary to complete the project. You will be tasked with identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term, with the help of project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality
You will be a driving force behind one or more feature teams and will be expected to take a feature through an iterative development process from a design document all the way to a launch-ready feature. Additionally, the Producer will work with and oversee outsourcing resources attached to the project and first party console resources, as well as assist with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
A Producer in Funcom is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must; experience building and maintaining schedules is necessary.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of game development experience and at least 3 of them in an internal development production role
- Been credited as Producer or Associate Producer on at least 1 shipped AA+ multi-platform title
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile, as well as good organizational skills and an ability to balance project demands with high quality
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience with playing and understanding multiple Survival / Open World / Crafting games
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.