Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc, North Carolina
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Designer to join its development team in Research Triangle Park, NC working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Technical Designer at Funcom, Inc. will work closely with the creative and design teams and will be designing and implementing various gameplay features including mission design, level design, boss encounters, dungeon development, etc. As part of a team of Designers, you'll collaborate with team members from other disciplines to drive and build a compelling gameplay experience.
- Design, implement and balance cutting edge game features including levels, missions, bosses, interactions, dungeons and more.
- Work with the systems and gameplay teams to implement entirely new gameplay features as well as adjust and update existing Gameplay features for Live Games.
- Work directly with other designers, UX, QA, and playtest groups to refine and improve gameplay.
- Prototype and implement new gameplay content with editor and scripting tools.
- Work with sound, FX and animation to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- Generate and maintain feature and content usage documentation.
- Mentor junior members of a team, particularly in gameplay and combat design methodology.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years of professional game design experience.
- Previous experience shipping at least 2 video game titles as a Game Designer.
- Experience, as a designer and as a player, with online games/titles.
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process.
- Experience developing combat systems, camera systems, and class/role-based gameplay.
- Scripting experience including Kismet, UE4 Blueprints, LUA or our proprietary software Scry.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience reading and/or writing the C++ programming language
- Experience creating and packaging a UE4 project from code
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).