We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team that made Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Scandinavian studio is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment. Due to the complexity and scope of the project, our development team needs a 2 more Senior Designers to join the team. This is a position where the right candidate will be able to directly influence the player’s journey throughout the game to create a game where people feel engaged.
As a Senior Designer at Funcom, your job will be to turn visions and ideas into playable events. You will collaborate with the Level/Game Designers and Environment Artist to build engaging play spaces and translate a feature design into a fleshed-out system design with clear iterations. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of experience as a game designer
- Preferably, experience working in survival games
- Extensive experience playing survival in multiple titles
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as a designer
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- Experience with Gameplay Scripting
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.