We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team that made Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Scandinavian studio is working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment and we are looking for senior gameplay programmers to join our team in the Oslo region.
This is a position the right candidate can greatly influence, and our new project will bring new and interesting challenges to the team. As a gameplay programmer at Funcom, you will work closely with game designers to discuss and implement fun game features, which will give you the opportunity to influence the design of the game. You will be able to work with and explore a lot of different gameplay systems (Sandstorm, Combat, Building, Spice) and have varied learning opportunities.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a game programmer
- Excellent C++ skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus, but not a requirement
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!