We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team that made Conan Exiles with 40 people in just about a year. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Oslo studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Core Tech department needs a Lead Engine Programmer to lead and grow the engine team in order to drive forwards our cross-project technology and help our games exploit their target platforms to the fullest. This is a position where the right candidate will work with the CTO and project producers to define the roadmap for engine feature and server development for all of Funcom's internal projects.
We are looking for someone that has:
- +8 Years of Programming experience with time as a Lead/Manager
- Ability to lead engineers, providing technical direction, as well as mentoring members of the team
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems and high level product requirements into technical design and tasks
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments
- Working understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working on current generation console titles
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.