We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team that made Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Oslo studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Core Tech department needs an Engine-Console Programmer to help the project development teams update and optimize their projects to run smoothly on PS4, Xbox One and other consoles, and leverage all the platforms have to offer to deliver the best experience possible to the players.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments
- Experience working with UE4
- Extensive experience with development for one or more current gen console platforms (Ps4, Xbox One, Switch), optimizing for the hardware in question and interfacing with a number of the different platforms APIs provided
- Experience interfacing with platform holder support on complex issues
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience working on one or more released console titles
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people has one thing in common – their love for making and playing videogames.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.