Art - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Do you want to help make great games and have a damn good time doing it? Do you have a passion or maybe an obsession for video games? Are you excited by the idea of working with state-of-the-art game development processes and artistic styles? Well we have the opportunity for you here at Funcom in Raleigh, NC!
At Funcom, we’re looking for passionate, creative and talented Artists to work with our experienced team of industry professionals as part of our paid internship program. During your internship, you’ll work within a creative and collaborative environment while gaining knowledge and first-hand experience creating Art for several games in production.
IMPORTANT: You must be a US citizen, we prefer interns who are based in NC and relocation is not an option.
Areas of work within the internship opportunity will include:
- Character modeling and sculpting, UV Layout, Texture painting and material setup in engine. (3-D)
- (or) Sketch, ideate and iterate character concepts (2-D)
- Utilize artistic techniques and processes to define and achieve a products visual style.
- Ensure that assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design.
- Work with the Art team on a variety of assets, characters, creatures, etc.
We are looking for:
- Strong traditional fine art skills (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, 2D & 3D design).
- Proficient in the use of Maya/3DSMax), Photoshop, ZBrush/Mudbox, and Texture creation/Material editing (Substance Painter/Mari/Unreal).
- Desire to strive for greatness and improvement, picking up tools and workflows.
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong time management and efficient at prioritization tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
What will make you stand out:
- For 3-D/Sculpting Interns: Familiarity with video game development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, PBR material setup, character skinning, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, and engine parameters/optimizations desirable.
- Passion and Creativity.
- A love for video games.
- Cool Hair.
- Paid Internship- Paid Hourly (Hours based on your schedule)
- Possibility of securing a full-time job after the internship
- Industry Experience
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).