Engineering - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Do you want to help make great games and have a damn good time doing it? Do you have a passion or maybe an obsession for video games? Are you excited by the idea of working with state-of-the-art game development technologies and coding? Well we have the opportunity for you here at Funcom in Raleigh, NC!
At Funcom, we’re looking for passionate and hard-working Programmers/Software Engineers to work with our experienced team of industry professionals as part of our paid internship program. During your internship, you’ll work within a creative and collaborative environment while gaining first-hand experience and knowledge in building gameplay, engine, tools and various other features.
IMPORTANT: You must be a US citizen, we prefer interns who are based in NC and relocation is not an option.
Areas of work within the internship opportunity will include:
- Collaborating with our programmers on gameplay, engine & coding tasks.
- Acting upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features.
- Working closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements that may arise.
We are looking for:
- Experience with engineering of software projects using C++ and with the Unreal 4 Game Engine.
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges and problem-solving.
- Passion for making high quality and fun games.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience developing games for PC & Console.
- Experience using the Unreal 4 Game Engine for game development.
- Familiarity with gameplay concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Paid Internship- Paid Hourly (Hours based on your schedule)
- Possibility of securing a full-time job after the internship
- Industry Experience
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).