Funcom is looking for an experienced Senior Rendering/Graphics Programmer to join its technology team based in Raleigh, NC. Due to the increasing number of projects, our Core Tech department needs a Senior Rendering/Graphics Programmer to design, write and optimize rendering features, working closely with the artists to help us create visually compelling experiences. This is a position where the right candidate will be heavily involved in deciding how best to drive our visuals forward.
- Working closely with various programming teams regarding development issues and issues impacting performance for the Engine team.
- Work closely with the rendering and game teams to drive and constantly improve platform specific features, run-time performance, tool-chain performance, and ease of use.
- Driving performance of Unreal 4 Engine.
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques.
- Excellent 3d Math skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12/11/libGNM.
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles.
- A passion for visuals.
- Experience working with UE4.
- Worked on current generation console titles.
- Have a working understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).