Sr. Concept Artist
Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc, North Carolina
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Sr. Concept Artist to join its development team in Raleigh, NC area working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Sr. Concept Artist at Funcom, Inc. is responsible for working with the Art Director & Producer on the visual development of a new unannounced game/project within the studio. The Sr. Concept Artist will provide the team with creative illustrations as well as production artwork, including; character designs, environment and object exploration, paint overs, storyboards, color and lighting compositions.
- Work with the Art Director and Producer to develop concept artwork that defines the overall look and art style for the game.
- Assist with the creation of the style guide for the visual direction and language to be used throughout the project.
- Work with the Art Director to develop and/or update the Art Bible.
- Create concept designs and art direction materials for each project.
- Work within different stylistic boundaries set by the Producer and Lead Artist.
- Design a wide range of original concepts and subject matter, including; characters, vehicles, monsters, interior and exterior environments, weapons, objects.
- Create Lighting, composition and mood, color studies, as well as storyboards.
- Create promotional and marketing art.
- Collaborate with other team members in order to develop the visual direction for game.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ Years of experience in video games as an Artist.
- Understands game production design process and methodology.
- Expert in Photoshop or Painter.
- Experience in a game studio working on high-quality titles with a realistic aesthetic.
- Must have excellent 2D Art skills and traditional technical knowledge
- Two or more shipped video game titles.
- Video game concept and key art production knowledge.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).