Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc, North Carolina
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile game programmer to join its development team in North Carolina, working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Gameplay /Console Programmer at Funcom, Inc. will focus on the Console design within the Unreal Engine. Specifically, UE4 platform development, support and performance for console platforms, including Xbox One and PS4. The Console Programmer will implement game features and systems within the Unreal game engine for a compelling experience for our players
- Working closely with the new game team regarding development issues and issues impacting performance on console platforms.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to implement game play features.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Work closely with the rendering and game teams to drive and constantly improve platform specific features, runtime performance, toolchain performance, and ease of use.
- Driving performance of Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues.
- Additional duties include assisting with gameplay and content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience, specifically Engine experience.
- Exceptional C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems.
- Experience optimizing game engines for various platforms.
- Experience working with consoles and/or PC Games.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on FPS games.
- Experience working with multithreaded systems.
- Performance and memory optimization skills.
- Experience with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc).
- Possibility of advancement.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).