Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Animator to join its development team in Research Triangle Park, NC working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Technical Animator at Funcom, Inc. will work directly with animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal, support the animation pipeline, rig and skin characters.
- Design and implementation of animations systems, character state systems and how they talk with each other.
- Closely work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them.
- Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements.
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines.
- Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges.
- Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system that can support our game.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 6+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer.
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software.
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems.
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers.
- To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges.
- Scripting knowledge.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience rigging and skinning characters.
- Experience in Unreal 4.
- Competence in C++.
- Experience with motion capture animation.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).