C++ and PostgreSQL Tools Programmer
Engineering - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Oslo studio is working on and maintaining several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero and Moons of Madness) and internal (e.g. Conan Exiles and a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Core Tech department needs a Tools Programmer with good knowledge of relational databases to help extend and improve our tools which are used by all internal game teams.
This is a position where the right candidate will have the chance to work end to end in exciting projects and new tools to facilitate development of our in-house games. As a Tools Programmer at Funcom, you will use your experience to improve both the quality and robustness of the code, as well as improve the end user experiences.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL and PL/SQL or other relational databases
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end users
- Preferably, we would be looking for candidates with experience in win32 application development and UE4.
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 2 weeks.