Marketing – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a talented and ambitious Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team at its Oslo, Norway studio. The right candidate will report to and work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer and will be joining a team of professionals in web and graphic design, community management, video production, marketing, and communications.
You will be creating and coordinating marketing campaigns for a variety of different games and take them all the way from planning through hands-on execution. You will be instrumental in the development of exciting marketing campaigns aimed at both acquiring and retaining players and you will be working with the creative development of marketing strategies, as well as getting your hands dirty with media buys, influencer sponsorships, CRM campaigns, expo presence, and more. We are looking for someone who can come up with ideas and see them all the way through, from planning campaigns to coordinating placements and doing specific media buys. The right candidate must enjoy crunching numbers, and concepts such as CPA and CTR should have a firm place in his or her frontal lobe.
You will be responsible for managing marketing spends within given budgets.
You will also be working with the Producer on each game, creating and optimizing marketing campaigns and CRM initiatives adapted to their development schedules and content releases. Working with the Producer you will also be monitoring and analyzing KPIs in order to create marketing initiatives that can optimize the ROI on each product.
You should also be very comfortable with communicating your plans and ideas to other people, either through PowerPoint or any other medium.
- Experience with marketing for games or other entertainment products/services
- A high level of proficiency with Excel
- An understanding of and desire to analyze the trends in the gaming industry
- Be able to work with a team of other marketing professionals and utilize their experience and skills to benefit your plans and goals
- Strong understanding of budgets and the ability to manage spends
- The ability to understand and develop KPIs and act on them
- Leverage analytical data and execute A/B testing to optimize campaigns
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
to be self-directing.
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.