Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo, Oslo
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Community Director to join the Marketing team at its Oslo, Norway studio. The right candidate will report to and work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer and will be joining a team of professionals in web and graphic design, community management, video production, marketing, and communications.
You will be managing a team of three Community Managers in Funcom. A key part of your position will be working with them, guiding them, and coordinating their work from day to day.
We are looking for a Community Director that has the passion and know-how to take Funcom’s community engagement to the next level. You must have the drive and ambition to create a global community around Funcom and our games. You will define the way we interact with our players and you will be responsible for making sure the bridge between our developers and our audience is solid and strong. You will be responsible for creating and executing the global community strategy for the Funcom brand and the individual games, with the goal of creating activities and processes that both entertain and inform.
You must have excellent knowledge and experience of all key social media and community platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit. You must also have an excellent understanding of content creation for YouTube and Twitch, as we want to see you push our streaming efforts to the next level. You must enjoy working with influencers.
You must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. You will be the link between the development team and our players, and must be able to communicate clearly with both.
You will be expected to create KPIs specific to Funcom’s community efforts and to relay metrics and updates to the CMO and the rest of the management team.
- Demonstrable experience as a Community Director or Community Manager within the gaming industry on either the developer or publisher side
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with key social media channels
- Deep understanding of community and communication trends and best practices
- Proven ability to lead a team of Community Managers and prioritize their tasks
- Understanding of and keen interest in tracking metrics and using these metrics to inform further development of community strategies
- Excellent writing skills and must be able to provide constructive criticism on the works of others and guide them to improve
- Outgoing personality is a great plus as the ideal candidate will appear on camera in streams and interviews
- Strategy-oriented with the ability to both create and execute on plans
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Office amenities (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives
- Possibility of advancement
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Our offices are structured as team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.