Marketing - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Scandinavian studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Marketing department needs a Sales Manager to create sales strategies for all Funcom game titles and downloadable content. This is a position where the right candidate will work with the whole Funcom game portfolio and be a key player in maximizing revenues in all our active titles. You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
In this position, you will:
- Identify and exploit new avenues for generating revenue, both within the games (e.g. microtransactions) as well as outside of the games (e.g. stores, editions, etc.)
- Manage the lifetime pricing strategy for all titles and content
- Plan and execute sales campaigns and discount activities
- Work directly with digital stores and key commercial partners
- Determine, track, analyze, and act on KPIs to increase revenue
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to maximize revenue from marketing campaigns and to ensure they complement sales activities
- Work closely with the development teams to implement new revenue-generating content, features, and in-game activities
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience working in a similar role within the gaming industry
- Higher education within business, marketing, or other commercial fields
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to work well in teams
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.