Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo, Oslo
Funcom is looking for an experienced technical artist to work on our upcoming games.
As a core part of our art team in Oslo, you will be working closely with the tech team to develop visual features and effects, heavily involved in architecting our art pipeline, research and implement solutions to increase the efficiency of the art teams, help drive art optimization, all the while serving as a liaison between the tech and art teams.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques, including PBR.
- Working knowledge of 3d/vector math.
- Expert knowledge of 3dsMax, and other tools such as substance painter, zbrush, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working within tight memory and performance constraints (consoles, mobile, etc.)
- Working knowledge of some scripting or programming language (Python, C#, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- A passion for visuals.
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working on VFX
- Understanding of HLSL
- Understanding of C++
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Office amenities (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives
- Possibility of advancement
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand-new building downtime Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.