Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc, North Carolina
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Animator to join its development team in North Carolina to work on an unannounced project.
The Technical Animator will work directly with animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal, support the animation pipeline, rig and skin characters.
- Design and implementation of animations systems, character state systems and how they talk with each other
- Closely work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them
- Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines
- Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges
- Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system that can support our game.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer.
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers
- To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- Scripting knowledge
- Experience rigging and skinning characters
- Experience in Unreal 4
- Competence in C++
- Experience with motion capture animation
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume, cover letter and samples of your work.
Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples (or link to a website with such material) will not be reviewed.