Funcom Inc – Funcom Inc, North Carolina
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Effects Artist to join its development team in Research Triangle Park, NC working on unannounced projects and Live Titles.
The Effects Artist will work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish effects for environments and characters. Duties will also include maintaining a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the effects are cohesive with the world.
Requirements for the position:
• Portfolio showcasing recent game effect work
• Able to create a wide range of effects
• Experienced with the Unreal 4 particle pipeline
• Creatively solve issues while maintain performance
• To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time
• Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit
• Experience with Unreal Blueprints
• Knowledgeable with Unreal Shaders
• Experience with 3dsMax, After Effects and Photoshop
• Experience with scripting
• Experience with playing MMORPGs or other online games
Common for all positions, you need:
• To have a passion for games
• To relocate to Research Triangle Park, NC
• To be able to handle multiple tasks
• To be a team player who can <other jobs>
• To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
• Possibility of advancement
• Dynamic and challenging work environment
• Training opportunities
• Team oriented culture
• Social events and gatherings
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume, cover letter and samples of your work.
Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples (or link to a website with such material) will not be reviewed.