Senior Network/ Server Programmer
Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo, Oslo
Funcom is looking for a talented and experienced server/network programmer to work on and help shape the next iteration of our server technology.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
- Strong c++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Experience designing and developping server/client games or frameworks.
- Experience optimizing server for large player counts, including load balancing.
- Experience writing code for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux) .
- Experience with database programming.
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Experience working with UE4
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand new building downtown Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noice and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
Please apply in English. Please remember to attach your CV and link to samples of your work / projects you have worked on.
Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples will not be processed.