Heroic Signatures is a Funcom/Tencent company, managing a portfolio of intellectual properties. Our passion is crafting gripping sci-fi and fantasy stories that captivate multi-generational audiences around the world. With our diverse cast of compelling characters and vividly imagined worlds (Such as Conan the Barbarian, Solomon Kane, Mutant: Year Zero, and Kult to name a few), we've got everything needed to tell epic tales that will thrill, surprise, and move you across all forms of media.
Our team is a group of experienced and passionate professionals that not only love what we do but love to immerse ourselves and play in the worlds and mediums we help create. (Motion pictures, television, gaming, publishing, comics, etc.) If this sounds like you, then apply below and get ready to join us on a heroic adventure!
Your Mission in Funcom
You will play a key role in building global transmedia sci-fi/fantasy IPs by engaging quality developers, publishers, and partners both remotely and in person around the world. In this position you will seek out strategic partnerships to profitably grow Heroic Signatures' portfolio of IPs into global pop culture brands, working with credible top tier partners to develop key franchises as high-quality products across multiple markets. You will focus primarily on developing opportunities with video game publishers and developers but not exclusively.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Maximize video game income and positive brand exposure
- Manage all commercial aspects of video game relationships with established partner video game licensees and 3rd party video game platforms, worldwide, by building and maintaining strong mutually beneficial working relationships and utilizing sound business judgment through leveraging influence, problem solving, firmness, diplomacy and knowledge of people and companies.
- Find and develop new interactive partners to license to, developers, publishers and co-branding opportunities, and generate new licenses in the video game industry.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with key companies in the interactive space to maximize income and brand exposure from interactive products.
- Assist in interactive product aspects of other broader relationships e.g. media, consumer products.
- Coordinate all activity with other commercial managers in Licensing and relevant depts
Work closely with the creative teams to ensure IP fidelity at all times.
- Ensure maximum benefit to the business through driving video game customers back to other IP media (comics, novels, movies/tv, tabletop games, etc.)
- Drive the process, drafting and administration of amendments of licenses, NDAs and contributor assignment forms by working closely with the President, Legal team and partner licensees.
- Recommend desired outcomes needed for amendments that meet strategy, maximize revenues and/or ensure mutually beneficial future project success.
- Be an exemplary ambassador for the brand and the business in the video games market taking every opportunity to promote both.
- All other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for pop “nerd” culture (e.g. comic books, video games, tabletop games, Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies & books, Anime, etc.) with a very strong passion for the video game space
- Familiarity with Conan and our other IPs a plus
- 3+ year’s product management, account management or commercial management in the video games industry or as part of a licensor, licensee or agency.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the video game industry – across PC, Console and Mobile.
- Knowledge for what makes great licensed products – especially what demanding IP video gamers want from a game.
- Familiar with contracts, in particular licensing contracts, and able to (with support from legal) draft and negotiate terms.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills
- Very strong English skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking, with a knack for identifying trends and opportunities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for staying current with digital media trends and emerging technologies
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.