Graphics / Rendering Programmer
Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo, Oslo
Funcom is looking for a talented rendering programmer with a keen interest in visual effects and solid knowledge of modern rendering approaches, to work on our upcoming games.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize rendering features, working closely with the artists to help us create visually compelling experiences.
You will also be heavily involved in deciding how best to drive our visuals forward.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques.
- Excellent 3d Math skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12/11/libGNM.
- Strong c++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles.
- A passion for visuals.
- Experience working with UE4
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.
Please send CV and cover letter in english, alongside any code samples.
In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand new building downtown Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noice and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be a team player who can work closely not only with designer but all the professions in the team
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
Please apply in English. Remember to attach your resume, cover letter and samples of your work.
Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples (or link to a website with such material) will not be reviewed.