From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
You will be working in tight collaboration with the CCO & Creative Director, your role as an Associate Creative Director on Dune: Awakening will be to guide the team through the execution of the creative vision and inspire an atmosphere of creative engagement and execution excellence. You will aid the creative direction in ensuring all production teams share the same holistic vision of the overall game experience, and safeguarding development decisions alignment with the game’s core vision, bringing the desired player experience to life.
Post launch, you will be an integral part of the live team, developing the creative vision for the game in collaboration with players, ensuring that the game meets the standards of the IP while continuing to grow and expand.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to develop and execute an overall vision of the game.
- Work closely with directors of various disciplines and the senior management team to unify ideas into a holistic vision that encompasses design, art, narrative, and technical aspects.
- Ensure the Dune IP is realized throughout the player experience.
- Guide teams through consistent creative direction communication across production and share your experience to support creative problem solving, and adaptation to technical & production constraints.
- Work with all disciplines to ensure a coherent & consistent outcome of direction in the game.
- Mentor & guide direct reports through a process of regular 1:1 engagement & actionable feedback.
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members and support with onboarding when needed.
- Develop a culture of open collaboration, transparency, and ownership.
- Foster a healthy, inclusive, and positive work environment always.
We are looking for you to have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Live, multiplayer game development
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years of experience directing in a AAA or large scale AA+ games environment.
- Extensive experience with different game engines (e.g., Unreal), and productivity and management software (e.g., Excel & Jira).
- A naturally open and collaborative mindset.
- Superior problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with more than 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with many sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.