From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400+ people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Engineering departments in either Oslo, Stockholm or Lisbon needs a Lead Rendering Programmer to lead the development and maintenance of our rendering engine and tools.
Your Mission at Funcom
As the Lead Rendering Programmer, you will oversee the development and optimization of the rendering pipeline for our multiplayer survival open-world crafting game, Dune Awakening. You will lead a team of render programmers, and collaborate closely with artists, designers, and other engineers to ensure the visual fidelity, performance, and efficiency of the graphics rendering in our projects. You will interface directly with the creative leadership of the game and be expected to use your ingenuity and deep knowledge of sophisticated rendering techniques to realize the ambitious vision for the visual quality of the game
How you can have an impact in your position:
As a Lead Rendering Programmer at Funcom, you will coach team members to perform to their best ability, provide feedback to your team on their performance and own development of core engine features.
We are looking for you to have:
- 5+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- 5+ years of professional experience as a render or engine programmer.
- Experience working with UE4 or UE5
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques.
- Excellent 3d Math skills.
- Experience with Lumen and Nanite is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12 or Vulkan.
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments.
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles.
- A passion for visuals.
- Have a working understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.)
- Experience shipping at least one PC or Console game
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Clear, effective communication skills across teams and cultures
- Motivation and drive to collaborate and advance positive change in a studio environment
- Strong ability to break down complex tasks and consider wider ramifications of changes on the codebase
- Fluency in English
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with more than 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.