From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, we need a professional and passionate Sony Compliance QA to ensure our games are in sharp alignment with the 1st party Standards.
Your Mission at Funcom
As a Sony Compliance QA, you will evaluate and perform Compliance QA testing throughout the project lifecycle and provide early feedback to the development team.
You will assist developers in understanding 1st party guidelines.
You will plan and execute test efficiently, as well as create and adapt test strategies for consoles.
You will be ensuring that every release is robust and in perfect alignment with the technical requirements of supported platforms.
How can you have an impact in your position:
- Develop and maintain expertise about 1st party policies and guidelines; Master Devnet and Sony's resources
- Work in partnership with development teams to educate, implement, monitor, and test Compliance requirements, improving our efficiency and confidence of getting certified on each release
- Identify and assess compliance-related issues, and provide stakeholders with risk-mitigation solutions
- Keep track of testing progress and ensure all deliverables meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Assist QA team members in performing accurate testing to detect bugs, software issues and design problems
- Participate in compliance training when necessary
- Handle validation and certification processes
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years of hands-on QA testing and 1+ years experience in Compliance testing
- Shipped at least one AAA game on console as a Compliance Specialist or Certification Tester / Owned a GaaS or Live Game as Sony Compliance
- Passion for Video Games – good understanding of the video game industry, current trends and features
- Strong communication skills
- Good negotiation skills in order to raise waiver/exception requests with 1st parties’ stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and interpretation of 1st party platforms, compliance documentation, technical requirements, testing methods and submission tools
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- Hands-on experience in creating test plans and test cases
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive & professional attitude
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Good knowledge of new gen consoles
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG's (Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust, 7Days, etc.)
- Experience writing scripts to assist game testing
- Comfortable delivering trainings & presentations
- Hands-on experience on compliance testing for both Sony and Microsoft
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Visual Studio
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and many fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.