Engineering - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Generalist Programmer to join our development team based in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, online, shooter game based within the Mutant Chronicles Universe .
This is a Generalist Programmer role that will interface with the gameplay team. Focus on console, engine changes, secondary external systems, performance. Implement features and systems in Unreal and interfaces between this and external systems.
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues.
- Will drive performance of Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Will be the point of contact between the gamecode team and the rest of the engineers.
- Collaborate with artists regarding best practices and features.
- Bridge between the code team in Raleigh, North Carolina and Oslo, Norway.
- Working with different technologies and systems.
- Additional duties include assisting with gameplay and content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 2+ years of experience in the games industry.
- Exceptional C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems.
- Experience with different parts of video game development, from engine, gamecode, tools, online systems, etc.
- Experience working with consoles and/or PC Games.
- Great at optimizing and debugging.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience with Python and/or C#.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Experience working with multi-threaded systems.
- Experience with online and external systems.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).