Engineering - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for a Tools Programmer to join our development team based in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, online shooter game based within the Mutant Chronicles Universe.
The Tools Programmer will report to our Lead Programmer and will work directly with the programming team tasked with defining, planning, developing and refining studio tools and engine enhancements.
- Hands-on development work on architecting and implementing tools to support the dev team as well as the live games team.
- Improved tools, workflow, and pipelines that will increase designer efficiency and capabilities.
- Interface with designers across multiple teams to seek feedback on tools, workflow, and pipelines.
- Work with developers to define the tools and engine development list.
- Prioritize tasks to create and maintain a roadmap for development.
- Educate developers on the use of design tools and pipelines through personal demos and documentation.
- Perform competitive analysis of other game engines and tool-sets.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 2+ years of development experience in Python and C#.
- Familiar with relational database systems (MySQL, Oracle) and SQL.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of C++ and Unreal Engine
- Working experience in the development as well as consumption of REST APIs.
- Game development experience.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).