From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Studio in Bucharest, Romania needs an HR Business Partner to implement and maintain all the local HR processes.
How you can have and impact in your position
- Manages all the HR programs (University Relationships; Training, Development and Motivation) in the studio, having in mind the global guidelines but also the local needs
- You will communicate and listen with great empathy and is solution based in favour of the teams.
- Makes sure that all HR processes and employee benefits are well known by the employees
- Comes with initiatives and local proposals for any HR topic/process
- Works with the other HRBPs from the other studios in HR processes alignment
- Supports the organization of any local event
- Keeps track of turnover and works with the local management, CHRO and Head of Studio to find solutions
- Organizes exit interviews and centralize/document information according to the global process
Participates in external events as an employer (job fairs, other industry events, etc.) - working closely with HR Communication & Events Specialist.
We are looking for someone that has:
- At least 2 years as a HR Business Partner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Fluent English
- Ability to work with different personalities and adapt
- Outstanding listening and communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on (sometimes) complicated issues
- Coaching and counselling skills
- Planning and organizing skills
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Great understanding of gaming industry and the challenges that are connected to it.
- Previous relevant experience working in multicultural, international environment
- Advocate and be always in the service of the team.
- Someone who communicates and listens with great empathy and is solution based in favour of the teams.
- Uses their emotional intellect to source people that values feedback, kindness and peer growth.
- Understanding of human-synergy and the importance of recruiting with a mission of nurturing safe company culture.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and many fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.