Dev QA Tester
Quality Assurance - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Scandinavian studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Dev teams need a Dev QA Tester to work on Conan Exiles and our future in-house projects. We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
As part of the job, you will evaluate and perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team, report issues/bugs, help developers with reproducing, identifying and isolating bugs, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products, as well as mentor and serve as a resource for the team.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ years of QA experience with online video games
- Basic practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Experience with various video game genres and gaming hardware
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- A track record of being proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG’s, e.g. Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust etc.
- Experience with test and issue management tools
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.