From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Marketing Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
As Marketing Manager at Funcom you will be working closely with the rest of the marketing department and report to the Publishing Director. You will be part of the Marketing team, whose mandate is to create awareness and purchase intent for all Funcom games.
This is both an analytical and creative role where you will work on all things marketing from planning all the way through execution. You will play a key role in developing marketing plans, go-to-market plans, and work hands-on to ensure activities and campaigns are realized.
Your key objective is to attract new players and retain existing ones, building awareness for upcoming games and excitement for updates and new products linked to existing ones. You will work with cross-functional marketing, sales, and creative teams to build hype and increase user acquisition. You will identify key audiences, ensuring marketing campaigns are tailored in messaging and presentation.
You'll capitalize on your understanding of the AA space to explore and highlight what makes our games special and distinct. This is all about finding unique angles, insights, and marketing hooks that align with player interests, while also pushing the envelope of what's expected. Your creativity and adaptability will be key in devising campaigns that not only generate buzz, but also contribute to a lasting and engaged player base. A key part of your work will be to develop and execute tactics that support the product’s strengths and unique selling points, ensuring it resonates in the best way possible with consumers. You will work with PR and community engagement to make sure the product is communicated optimally in terms of cadence, content, and positioning whether it be through press, influencers, or paid media.
You will work closely with the sales team to implement campaigns, coordinating with the Media Buy Specialist on efforts ranging from display ads to content marketing. You will also work with the Partnership Manager to capitalize on marketing opportunities with key industry partners.
You thrive on data, metrics, and insight gained from research that can help you build and optimize marketing strategies, and you possess the creative flair need to market entertainment products. Your imagination is perhaps your greatest tool, in coming up with ideas to attract the audience.
This position is ideally located at the Funcom XZPX studio in Lisbon, but for the right candidate other solutions can be considered including other Funcom studios and remote work.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Use the freedom this role offers to leave a lasting impression on a game’s marketing campaign
- Work with cross-functional marketing, sales, and creative teams to develop and execute marketing strategies, with the goal of attracting players and building an audience
- Work with key industry partners to capitalize on their audiences, using strategic partnerships to build awareness and attention for the games
- Engage in hands-on testing of games in development, providing critical insights to highlight unique selling points and player appeal.
- Work with the Creative Services team to develop marketing assets that support campaigns, sales material, and other initiatives ensuring the presentation is on target with quality and audience
- Work with some of the greatest IPs in entertainment
- Conduct market research to gain insight that can inform key marketing decisions
- Represent Funcom and the games at key industry events
- Develop and execute creative marketing tactics that create “wow” moments, grab attention, and create an audience both before and after the launch
- Optimize marketing budgets to create maximum value for the titles
- Present marketing campaigns and their performance to key stakeholders, including management, production, and others in the marketing department
We are looking for you to have:
- Proven experience in marketing within the gaming industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the gaming industry
- The drive, determination, and persistence to make things happen
- Outside-the-box thinking and coming up with creative marketing strategies
- Data-oriented, analytical, and solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- Ability to combine creative thought with a data-driven approach
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- Creative flair needed to build high-impact marketing campaigns for games
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
Availability for travel
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom Lisbon has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 80 people from more than 20 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.