Funcom is looking for a Gameplay Programmer (Intermediate/Mid-Level) to join our development team based in Raleigh, NC working in the Unreal 4 Engine on several exciting Funcom projects including the new "DUNE" project.
The Gameplay Programmer will report to our Lead Programmer and will work directly with programming team tasked with implementing game features and systems within the Unreal game engine ultimately creating a compelling experience for our players.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop online gameplay features in C ++ in the Unreal Engine.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to implement game play features.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design, Technical degree or equivalent relevant programming experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4/Switch).
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the US and this will be an onsite / full time position (no remote work).